Monday, August 15, 2011

New Doll Clothes

    I have always wanted a Waldorf style doll and bought supplies and stuff to make my own doll months ago and had s-l-o-w-l-y been working on her for the last 7 months. It was like torture....So I finally placed a custom order for a Waldorf-style doll sometime in early July.  The sweet lady, Melissa at isajoydesigns, who made her was super easy to work with and allowed me to make payments over time.   My own doll is finally finished and my new doll arrived last Wednesday.  
     I know understand why these custom made dolls are so expensive.  I have the ability to sew and consider myself to be creative......however putting a doll like this one together was soooo much work.  I will now stick to only being a dolly dress designer/seamstress.  I will leave the doll making to the experts.  
     With that being said, the doll arrived and I did not realize that she would be so big......I decided to give her to my niece who just turned 5 years old a few days ago. My mom decided she would split the cost of gift between her, myself and my brother.(although he doesn't know yet....)
    I could not send the doll away to her new home without creating a new wardrobe for her to wear.  She came with some cute pants and a shirt.  But, since I love me some doll clothes, I went to work.  I have since made two pairs of pants, a shirt, a pair of flannel pajamas and a mermaid outfit, complete with tail...... 
     I have been emailing my sister pictures all along and my niece keeps wanting more clothes.  I have my mom working on a tutu/ ballerina outfit and I will be making some pink silk brocade pants for her as well.  I am off to  switch laundry loads then to the sewing room...
Laura
   


No comments: